Following the Hebden Bridge Meeting, Sally Childes has asked that the Nidderdale AONB is added to our links outside West Yorkshire.
She has also sent the following:
Discover heritage in Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) this summer with our range of heritage events, taking place as part of the Festival of British Archaeology.
The Festival of British Archaeology takes place annually across the UK and is coordinated by the Council for British Archaeology (CBA). The Festival aims to give everyone the opportunity to learn about their local heritage and to get involved. This year it takes place from the 14th to the 29th July and there is a whole host of events lined up in the AONB.
Nidderdale AONB events include:
- Gouthwaite Lodge Farm Heritage Walk – Saturday 14th July – 2pm to 5pm
- Rock Art Walk – Sunday 15th July – 1pm to 4pm
- Talk: Exploring Nidderdale’s Archaeology – Monday 16th July – from 6.30pm
- Talk: Excavations at Fewston Church – Tuesday 17th July – 2pm to 4pm
- Greenhow’s Mining Heritage – Saturday 21st July – 10.30am to 3pm
- Trip to the Yorkshire Dales Mining Museum – Sunday 22nd July – 10.30am to 3pm
- Heritage Explorers Family Day – Wednesday 25th July – 10am to 3pm
Full details of all AONB events and how to book can be found at http://www.nidderdaleaonb.org.uk/ or by ringing 01423 712950.
The full range of festival events can be found at http://festival.britarch.ac.uk/
Heritage Officer (Mon & Tues)
The Old Workhouse
King Street, Pateley Bridge
Harrogate, HG3 5LE
Direct Dial: 01423 551671
Switchboard: 01423 712950
Facebook: Nidderdale AONB
Working to conserve and enhance the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), a nationally protected landscape. Nidderdale is one of 46 AONBs in the United Kingdom.